Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rough Week

I haven't finished posting pictures of China, I will do that later. . .but. .
Before I start, I have to send my deepest appreciation to some dear friends, who knew what was going on, and wouldn't take my no, no thank you's to their kind gestures. the warm meals, the offers to drive for me or just acknowledegment was appreciate greatly! I appreciate all of you! I also have to acknowledge how wonderful Jake was. He was off on Monday, so he was able to do some of the running around, and willingly took off Tuesday, just because I asked, and willingly helped never complaining! Pam, if you read this, you did a great job raising a good son!

Now, I am not looking for sympathy, but someday, I want to remember that I was able to endure a really rough week! On Sunday, I got home from China, I was delayed in Tokyo, and the super kind people weren't quite sure what to do with me when they informed me that my flight was going to be cancelled, and they had booked my trip to take this all into account and I just started crying. (It's a good thing I didn't know what I was in for, or I might of just stayed in Tokyo) On Monday, my computer which suffered through a power surge, got dropped off at the computer store only to be returned on Friday afternoon. My car, which the heater hadn't been working in, got left at the car dealership and took two days to get fixed. We spent FOUR of the last five days at the Dr's offices or at the hospital, but I did get a free stay home from church pass today from the pediatrican! We met our insurance deductible for the year (it hadn't been touched until this week). Our TV went out, on my sleepless nights I had one option to try to relax to, a dvd or a book (my first choice is the internet followed by dumb things on tv). I was able to orchestrate Jake's work Christmas party (thank goodness for all the preordered catered items and preplanning from before China), and my boys will have gifts under the Christmas tree!
Our, Christmas letter, will most likely be a holiday letter, and the neighboy and friend gifts, well, people might wonder if we like them :). I know this doesn't look like much, but a tough week, it was.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

It has been rough for you!! Heres to better weeks!!

April said...

I hope you have a better week and can just enjoy Christmas! Call me if you need anything. You can come watch TV with me and eat treats with me, etc. Missed you!

Jenson Family said...

I'm sorry! I wish I were still your neighbor and could help more! Hang in there! It could only get better, it sounds like.

Natalie said...

I dare say, you didn't elaborate enough. The week seemed harder than those pile of words. You deserve a BREAK! I have been thinking of you often, although it might not seem so. With the holiday preparations, I apologize for being a bit absent. I hope you are getting better, emotionally and physically. The mom is truly the heart of the home and the home can't function well when mom isn't well.

Take care girl--

Nat