Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Great Wall of China

One of the most important things in China for me to see was the Great Wall of China. This was an important thing to me, as I mean really, when you are in space you can see this, right?! So, we resorted to me taking a small tour (actually a man drove me and two other people out -- it is about an hour out of Beijing) and I got to see the wall. I left Arizona time at 3:45 on Sunday afternoon 6:45 in the morning in Beijing on Monday, we got to the wall about 9:30 -- it took awhile picking up the other people. I spent an hour climbing up, and I mean up (my legs were burning) the tops of the mountains and down into the valleys and back down. I couldn't help think how the warriors must have been in tip top shape, or not mobile when fighting -- the steps are very narrow and steep. I rode up to the top via gondola ride and I came down the mountain on a slide -- kind of a SLOW alpine slide, it was definitely interesting. The weather wasn't the very best, so I didn't get clear pictures, but it was warmer than it looks -- thank goodness!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Nicole said...

That slide sounds like fun! It looks cold there!!